Doesn’t that sound fancy? The texture is just as luxurious and the ‘cappuccino’ flavour intensifies the chocolatiness of this cheesecake just enough to make it ‘to die for’. For those of you in my circle of recipe-testers, there is no need for further introduction. But for those who like some literary foodie, this creamy cheesecake is complimented by a thick oreo-crumb crust, spiced with cinnamon.
The cheesecake uses a mix of high quality belgian bittersweet and milk chocolate (although store bought baking chocolate will definitely do the trick!) and the dose of coffee is even better if you replace it with a shot of good espresso. The medely of cappuccino-heightened chocolate combined with the cookie crumbs in your mouth will leave you yearing for a tall glass of milk – and the rest of the cheesecake.
Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake Recipe
I decided to spruce up our cheesecake and make it festive in preparation for the coming Halloween. Before adding the chocolate mixture to the cheese mixture, I seperated about a half cup and used gel food colouring to dye it orange. Another alternative would have been to add some pumpkin puree, but I didn’t want to mess with the chocolatey perfection.
Also Try: Bridal Shower Cupcakes Ideas Recipe
I piped a spider web into the main cheese cake, and turned the individual mini-cheesecakes into pumpkin faces! This is a really easy, quick and impressive way of dressing up any cheesecake.
Ingredients for Oreo Crumb Crust Recipe
- 1 cup oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted or softened
- 2 tbs white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnammon
Combine all ingredients and press into the bottom of a pie plate or tart shell.
Ingredients Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake Recipe
3 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz high quality chocolate, preferably bittersweet, chopped
- 2 tbs whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp coffee, disolved in 1/4 cup hot water OR shot of espresso
- 1/4 cup coffee liquer, like kahlua or sheridan
- 2 tsp vanilla
How to Make Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake Recipe
1. Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar and blend well. Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. At this point, seperate about a half cup for piping a decoration, if needed.
2. Melt chocolate with whipping cream in a stainless steel bowl over a pot of boiling water. Add melted chocolate mixture to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Add sour cream, salt and vanilla and mix. Add coffee and alcohol and mix well.
3. Pour into prepared pie plate and bake at 350 degree F for 40-45 minutes (or 20 minutes for mini-cheesecakes)
*For a water bath, set a lasagna or casserole dish on the rack beneath your cheesecakes and bake your cheesecakes for the allotted time. If no water bath, turn off the oven about 5 minutes before you think the cheesecake is done and let the oven cool with the door slightly ajar.